Go content.

Investigating & Handling Civil Complaints

Counseling & Application

Citizens may personally file complaints or designate another person to act in their stead, via direct visit, mail, Internet, fax, etc.

*File complaints through e-People web site: https://www.epeople.go.kr/petition/pps/pps.npaid

※ Subjects: Illegal and unfair practices of administrative agencies, Infringed rights and grievances of the people by the lack of appropriate systems and policies


The investigator belonging to ACRC demands explanation on the filed complaints and submission of relevant materials and documents to the administrative agency concerned, and attendance and testimony of complainants, stakeholders, reference persons and relevant staff member. And, this investigator also conducts an on-site investigation at the concerned agency and seeks advices from specialists.

Deliberation & Decision-Making

Upon the completion of investigation, the commission deliberates opinions and evidences submitted. Based on the deliberation results, it recommends corrective measures or issues official opinions on the complaints or the relevant laws, institutions, and policies


The commission immediately notifies matters for judgement to the parties concerned. And, the related administrative agencies should report how they implement these results no later than 30 days after receiving notification of the judgement from the commission. If there are viable reasons to prevent the agencies from accepting and following the commission's decision, the administrative agency concerned can request re-deliberation.

How to File Complaints

If you have any complaints about illegal or unfair action of an administrative agency or unreasonable administrative system, you can file complaints with the ACRC by visit, post, fax or via the e-People system (https://www.epeople.go.kr/petition/pps/pps.npaid).

* When sending us your complaints by post or fax, please specify your name, address and telephone number. Your personal information will be used only for handling your complaints and remain confidential.

For inquiries about filing complaints, you can call 110 anywhere in Korea between 8 am and 9 pm from Monday to Friday, and between 9 am and 1 pm on Saturday.
You can file complaints through the e-People web site (https://www.epeople.go.kr/petition/pps/pps.npaid). e-People is an online portal integrating all civil petition systems of administrative organizations in Korea.
Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission
Government Complex-Sejong
20, Doum 5-ro
Sejong 30102
You can visit the ACRC office to submit complaints. Our office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Government Complaints Counseling Center
Government Complex-Seoul
209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu,
Seoul, 03171
Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission
Government Complex-Sejong
20, Doum 5-ro
Sejong 30102